What to do in Windsor during Christmas?
1. Windsor is a magical town to visit at Christmas time with so many things to see and do. It’s perfect for all the family. With a fabulous selection of shops, both department stores and unique gift shops – we can’t think of a better town to do your Christmas shopping in. Avoid the hustle and bustle of some of the major shopping centres and stroll around Windsor and Eton in a more relaxed style but still have the varied selection of shops to choose from. Stop off in one of the many bars or restaurants for a spot of lunch or glass of mulled wine – you could even start your shopping trip off by calling in at our lovely local Meimo Restaurant at the start of Peascod Street.
2. How long are you here for and can you pack it all in? Windsor on Ice is back again this year – a visit you can’t deny the kids! At Alexandra Gardens, we have an indoor and an outdoor real ice rink, Bavarian Ice bar and grill, family rides, dodgems and Santa! See the calendar below for opening times.
3. Don’t forget to come and see the live Reindeer and Father Christmas on a sleigh parading through the town centre with the marching band – this is not to be missed! Parade leaves the castle from Advance Gate at 2pm
4. If you’re not too tired after all those activities, top the weekend off with a visit to the Theatre Royal to see the family favourite pantomime Cinderella!
5. If you prefer a more serene evening – come along and listen to Carols on the hill which is held outside the beautiful Windsor Castle
6. How much time do you have here? Why not stay longer and stay in one of our stunning town centre apartments and visit Legoland for a different Christmas experience, there are snow dusted pine trees, twinkling lights and a journey on the Bricksmas Express. There are 15 rides and attractions open as well as the Elves workshop where you can make and send your cards to the North Pole.
7. And for the ultimate family Christmas experience, visit Lapland where you can walk with the elves along the magical forest pathways and build toys in the workshop after receiving a personalised invitation from Father Christmas. You will also be able to visit Mother Christmas’ kitchen to decorate gingerbread and storytelling before getting on those skates for Lapland UK’s Ice Rink and meeting the resident huskies and reindeers .
Whatever you decide to do in Windsor this Christmas – we hope you have a fabulous time and create some magical memories for all the family.
Where to stay in Windsor during Christmas?
If you are looking for a place to stay during Christmas time, have a look on our one, two or three bed apartments below
Christmas in Windsor calendar
|Date & time||Event|
|5 Dec 2015|
14:00 – 16:00
|Reindeer Parade 2015|
|28th Nov 2015 until 3rd Jan 2016|
10:00 – 21:00
|Windsor on Ice|
|2nd Dec 2015 until Sun 10th Jan 2016||Theatre Royal – Cinderella|
|18 Dec 2015|
18:00 – 19:00
|Carols on the Hill 2015|
|12 Dec 2015 until 23rd Dec 2015||Legoland – Christmas Bricktacular|
|21st Nov until 24th Dec 2015||Lapland UK|